Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Days of Wonder

by Jakob Dylan

Cherry-picking through the stars and falling cannonballs
Waiting for the break of dawn to start its morning crawl
Polluted rays of filtered light, tropical and warm
Making shadows through the snow-white, resin-covered skulls
Happy birthday to the war

Standing by the wall, a rainbow made of stars
Under seven different shades of grey spreading out across the arc
Days of wonder spent out there killing time
Now this may not leave a mark on me, but I sure as hell was there

Caravanning on the moonlit, locust-covered trail
We came out like a stream of bats exploding from the well
Slipping through the whirlpools of trees and floating cars
Behind a winter-coated mule down record-breaking falls
Into oblivion's open jaws

Days of wonder spent by a rainbow made of stars
Under seven different shades of grey spreading out across the arc
Standing by the wall out there killing time
This may not leave a mark on me, but I sure as hell was there

Educated under God to walk a neutral line
Give me neither poverty nor riches in my time
Take my body and my mind, my heart is far behind
With one dozen poems in my ears ricocheting wild

Days of wonder

0 comments: