Monday, January 28, 2008

Desdemona

by Gregg Allman

Rain falls on a sleepy Southern town
The midnight moon burning brightly
Memories rushing on a river forelorn
As you lay sleeping without me
A highway song keeps me rolling on
Still I long for you

Desdemona
I will be your only one

I make my living pouring out my pain
Trying to make it through another day
Arms reach for me, on a wind I can feel it
But they're a thousand miles away
Your eyes remind me of everything that's beautiful and blue
I won't feel myself till I'm with you

Desdemona
I will be your only one

So hold a candle till the darkness fades
Nighttime sleeps, but not for long
My heart is pounding like the ocean, my soul's empty as the sky
But I know someday I'll be coming home
Time goes by in the twinkling of an eye
Still I pine for you

Desdemona
I will be your only one

0 comments: