Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sola Gratia

by James Montgomery Boice

I once was rebellious, corrupted by sin
Pursuing the devil's dark path
Oblivious, dead to the state I was in
An object of God's dreadful wrath

But God who is rich in compassion and love
Not leaving my soul to the grave
Has given me life; born again from above
By God's sov'reign grace I've been saved

God lifted me up to the heavenly realms
Where seated with Christ I am free
In ages to come he will show me more grace
So great is his kindess to me

Since grace is the source of the life that is mine
And faith is a gift from on high
I'll boast in my Savior, all merit decline
And glorify God 'til I die

Yet now I am living with work to be done
For I am God's workmanship too
Created in Christ with a race to run
Which God has ordained me to do

0 comments: