Thursday, October 7, 2010

Girl Inside My Head

by John Popper

When all is said and done
I wish I needed no one
Never was up to me
Just something in her way that sets me free
It seems so easy

And I try to pay attention
But there's only four things running through my mind

How hard will it be if she is nice to me?
How bad will it get if I let her get to know me?
Should she see the willing dog, or should I be a jungle cat?
And most of all, my god, how does she make her eyes do that?

I don't need another girl inside my head

'Johnny, be brave,' I say inside
As I won't take a bite from the apple that she gave me
But that's not what I'm after
Still all along, my mother's voice singing
'Treat her like a lady'

I'm not the only one to write her letters
It doesn't matter anyhow
The question isn't if, but when

0 comments: