Friday, September 20, 2013

Savannah Rain

by James Wilson

And I'm lost somewhere
Out in the midnight air
Driving around wondering if I'll make it through
This lonesome night
I'm still praying for daylight
And wishing to hell that I could just come home to you

My radio's on
And every single song
Tells the same old lonesome story of you and me
And it's ringing in my head
Those words that you said
I guess some things, they were never meant to be

Just smell the sweet, soft, Southern smell of magnolias
And hear the wind is calling out your name
I'm just another broken heart lost in Georgia
Falling like the sweet Savannah rain

It's hard to be a man
And it's hard to give a damn
And I guess that there ain't much else left to say
'Cause what's done can't be undone
And there ain't nowhere to run
But it hurts too goddamn much to stay

The memories still remain
Chasing headlights in the rain
And these shifting gears won't ease my troubled mind
And there ain't nothing left to do
But howl at the moon
And keep driving 'till I see that morning sunrise

0 comments: